Friday, October 16, 2009

Adjustments Using CREDE Standards

This week I taught a lesson in Desktop Publishing focusing on learning how to use mail merge in Microsoft Word to create address labels. We discussed vocabulary terms relating to mail merge and I demonstrated the process using my Interactive Board and projector. After the lesson demonstration, students were assigned to create their own address label. Peer tutoring was used to help students who were struggling with the process. After assessing this lesson, I scanned through our course text, 50 Strategies for Teaching English Language Learners, to find a strategy that would have made this lesson more effective for my students. I found the Reporting Back approach. It would have been an excellent follow up activity to reinforce the lesson. In this approach students would use vocabulary and explain the mail merge steps they used to create address labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment