Wednesday, October 27, 2010

6713 Course Reflection

GAME Plan Reflection
As I reflect on my GAME Plan that I implemented at the beginning of this course, I realize that setting goals, taking action, monitoring progress and evaluating my progress has taught me to remain dedicated and focused on the goals that I want to implement with my classes. In addition, introducing the GAME Plan to students will help students meet the goals of problem and project based learning activities.

New Learning and Impact on Instructional Practice
Although I have put my goal of creating a blog on hold temporarily, I feel confident that I will have success with this endeavor in the spring semester. Furthermore, I believe that implementing a blog into my classes will motivate students to improve their writing skills. My goal of researching copyright laws has given me new information about copyrights, and I have several ideas of how I can teach this new information to my students. In addition to learning how to use the GAME Plan with students, I have also learned how I can implement digital storytelling when assigning projects as another means of assessing student learning. Having students create a digital story about the importance of observing copyright laws maybe an alternative assessment that I may use in the future.

Immediate Adjustment to Instructional Practice
The immediate adjustments that I will make in my instructional practice will be to include blogging as another avenue to improve student writing and to teach the GAME Plan to my students when they are involved in problem based and project based learning activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment