Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Revising My GAME Plan

Last week proved to be successful in locating more copyright resources. I asked my school’s librarian for help and she located and shared the following resources:

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hills Library- Introduction to Copyright and Fair Use Tutorial

American Library Association

Crash Course in Copyrights

Medical University of South Carolina Music Department of Library and Informatics

Application to Instruction Practice
I have not seen much improvement to my instructional practice because of limited time to review resources and set up a class blog. I do foresee my students benefiting from these new activities when I implement them in the spring. My focus now is to catch up on teaching content standards.

Goals Still in Progress
My goals to promote student reflection through a class blog and to locate copyright resources so that I can teach students about safe and ethical use of using digital information will be in progress throughout this semester. It is my hope that during the Christmas holidays that I will be able to set aside time to work on these goals more and be ready to implement them in the spring semester with my students.

New Learning Goals
Due to limited time this semester, I am not ready to implement any new learning goals. I have been thinking about how I can teach copyright information to students. I am considering locating or creating a webquest. In the future I would like to implement more digital technologies that my students' are not familiar with such as creating a delicious account to bookmark sites and/or creating a digital story using other software programs other than PowerPoint.

Learning Approaches to Improve Learning
To improve my learning, I need more time. Instead of putting myself under more stress, I am modifying my plan to set aside time during the Christmas holiday for my Game Plan goals. I am looking forward to becoming more confident and prepared to implement my goals in the spring semester.

4 comments:

  1. Jeannine,
    I also did not alter my GAME plan goals, I just extended my timeline and allowed myself to be ok with that. It is hard to implement new teaching mid-semester especially if it is something that you are not 100% comfortable with. I think it is great that you are focusing on the spring semester and that you have given yoursel time over the Christmas break to focus on finding out more about what you want to teach. It looks like you have some great resources at your fingertips now. Good luck getting everything organized for the spring.
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannine:
    Thanks for sharing the links above for the copyright resources. I have taught my students about the fair use act, but have not taken it much further than that. I can use some of your resources with my comm arts classes.

    Implementing anything new does take an enormous amount of time, as teachers we need to make sure we are doing what must be done well first and then add in other technology that can support and enhance our regular teaching goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannine,
    Though you have not implemented your goals, I like how you remian positive and set a new goal for them. Part of this whole process is being patient and knowing our limits. I give you a lot of credit for keepign your end goal in sight and continuing to work hard to reach it. Sometiems road blocks can even stop the best of us, but you continue to work through them. You have even managed to find helpful recsources that will benfit yoru students and continue towrds that goal. Good luck and stay persistant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone,

    Thanks so much for the encouragement. I am so fortunate that my school's librarian located some good copyright resources for me. I hope that other teachers find them beneficial as well. Staying persistant and focused on my Game Plan, although difficult at times, will be so worthwhile in the end for my students. This is what keeps me working toward my goal.

    Jeannine Lowe

    ReplyDelete