Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Reflections on Classmates Cognitive Learning Theories Respsonses

This week I explored the cogntive learning theory and different cognitive tools that can be used in the classroom to enhance student learning. One colleague noted that she used alot of cues, but needed to improve on questions. This is an area I see for improvement in my classes also. Two other colleagues asked about what they types of cognitive tools I use in my classroom. I discussed that I have never used a cognitive map, but that I see how they can help students organize and understand relationships. I teach classes geared toward learning Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Adobe Indesign. In these classes students create brochures, budgets and many other types of progects that encourage cognitive thinking. I believe my students are learning 21st century skills and I am very fortunate that I do not have to worry about students having to pass a state test in the area that I teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment