Sunday, March 28, 2010

Reflections on Constructivism/Constructionism and Classmates Responses

The learning theories of constructivism and constructionism indicate that students construct their own meaning through building of artifacts. Problem and project based learning helps students increase their cognitive skills. The teacher's role must change and become that of a facilatator for these instructional activities to be effective.

I enjoyed discussing the different ways that I implement problem and project based learning in my classroom. I appreciate the kind comments my classmates gave me in my posts and the questions asked about how I teach concepts about money. I gained some valuable insights and ideas in how to make my lessons better for my students. It is always good to get reinforcment from colleagues. I believe it is important to teach our students the 21st Century Skills of problem solving and collaboration with the intergration of technlogy. Our students learn best when we bring in real world activities to help them make connections to their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment